Monday, May 18, 2009

pregnant at 66

Today i saw where a woman is pregnant with her first child at the age of 66. She was aided in this by IVF.
On one hand i think people are living longer and if sick old men can marry 20 somethings and have babies at 60 plus way cant woman? I think plenty of woman in this age range are raising their grandchildren and doing a fine job at it. I believe EVERY woman that wants a child should be able to have one and this story mean i have 30 plus year to continue on my TTC journey...
However i do not know where the line is or why the line can be crossed...
I understand in Britain clinics will not treat woman over 50 years of age.. of course i have done NO research on the health hazards of having a child this late in life. I believe there are times when fertility doctors don't think of anything but the money they can make...

I am in no way saying i agree or disagree with this woman's choice.. What she does in her life has no effect on me what so ever... I wish her and her baby years of happiness and health

No comments: