Sunday, July 26, 2009

My marriage

My marriage is one of the greatest joy in my life. My husband is my best friend and my greatest companion. I am proud to be his wife and i think he is most definitely the best father i have ever known. He makes me laugh when i want to cry. He stands beside me during endless doctors appointments. He takes my side and supports me when i need him to. He cooks all the meals on Sunday so i can have a day off. He brings me flowers when i am down and he lets me cry when i need to. I feel like with him is the safest place in the world. I think a good marriage takes some work and we have had hard times. We have suffered infertility together and are now moving on to make a family.
The thing that sticks in my mind about my husband and his great caring is this..
When my brother died i wrote a poem for him and wanted to read it at his funeral. I was fragile to say the least and i am somewhat shy. So my husband held arm and walked me up to the podium and stood by my side the whole time. I love him for that. Maybe its wasn't the most heroic act in my husband life but it meant alot to me.
My husband then continued to stand by my said and take care of me for weeks to come. The days when i was so depressed i couldn't get out of bed. He would bring me food of his lunch break and make me eat, he would make me get into the bath and make me move couch to change our sheets. He would some times dress me or change my pjs. He was nothing but supportive. Finally he told me i needed to move on and deal with my grief another way. And i did.
I love him so very much.

2 comments:

Maddie's Mom said...

It sounds like you've got a wonderful husband and partner. You're truly blessed.

Eva Carper said...

Thanks for sharing this. It's always nice to hear the good stories when so often I feel like I'm surrounded by the bad ones...