Monday, April 19, 2010

Isolated


I am isolated. I have very few friends here. I find it difficult to meet people. Mostly because i dont work outside the home. I havent made friends with my husbands co workers wives but that isnt habit for me anyways. I found it hard when we first got here we did foster care training and with in 3 months had a house full of children. I had no time to make friends then. When they where reintergrated, we where already matched with new children. Our son was at best difficult and i didnt feel like it was time to try to make new friends. He is much better now but still has issues playing with other children. As soon has his behavior was under control i found out i was pregnant with twins..and i was tired and couldnt do the PTA and volunteer things at school. I know that once the twins come i will not have time to make friends then . In 1.5 year we will be moving to a new duty station so i dont know that there is a point. I get excited to go to foster care training classes or support groups as i get to talk to other adults. I have some GREAT friends back home and at our last duty stations. I just dont have it in me to make new friends and leave again. We shall see. I just feel isolated.

2 comments:

Air Force Wifey said...

Maybe play groups for the twins?

Misty Dawn said...

i am thinking about that. that could be a good thing once i figure out how to be alone with 2 infants...